Sunday 8 May 2016

Burger it!

Have you ever had one of those weeks were nothing goes right.  I had the whole of last week off and had great plans to craft and blog every day.  Well, once the first couple of cards didn't go to plan the rest of the week swiftly followed. I can't say it was a total write off as I did get to see a couple of friends for a change and I had a lovely day at Chatsworth House on Wednesday. This week's card for From the Heart Sketch Challenge did seem to want to give me some grief though.  I wasn't even sure I was going to enter but here it is:


and here's the original sketch:


It should have been fairly simple.  I did try to put the image in a circle but it looked too squished up so I fussy cut it - like I normally do.  Then I couldn't get the colours to stand out on the original backing paper I'd chosen so I picked out the red from the ketchup and went with that as a backing.  I did add both a button and a bow but, just before I took the photo, I went mad and ripped them both off.  I'm not convinced but it's staying like it is.

I hope you like it better than I do.  I'm back at work tomorrow so inspiration will be hitting me from all angles no doubt.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x


3 comments:

  1. A super card Dawn, a great image and lovely dotty papers - great take on the sketch.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you Pauline. It's growing on me a bit x

      Delete
  2. Well Dawn, I think it's a fab card! I love the red dotty background, and the BB's look great against it. I did giggle at your title though 'Burger it' hehe.
    Thank you for joining in the fun at FTHS
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete