Tuesday 24 May 2016

'This week we are setting you a real challenge'

The title of today's post is a direct quote from this week's challenge at the Sweet Stampin Challenge blog.  How prophetic that turned out to be!  I lost my marbles completely and did something I've never ever done before.  I created a card which relied totally on my colouring skills.  I've always used something else - designer paper, embossing folders, die cuts etc.  I've never ever just coloured.

The challenge this week was 'Terrible Teens'.  I had a suitable Kenny K image already printed so I was ready to go.  However, I couldn't decide what to do with him.  He needed a cool background, not some pretty paper so I nipped over to Make it Crafty  and bought a brick wall background stamp.  That, I decided, was way to plain to be cool so off I trotted to Little Miss Muffet Stamps for some suitable graffiti to adorn the boring wall.  In the end I had three different stamps from three different companies but they came together brilliantly.  Just my dodgy colouring to worry about in the end.  Here is my card:




I daren't ask my terrible teen what he thinks.  I think it turned out OK.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x


5 comments:

  1. This is a brilliant card Dawn, perfect for a teen.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great challenge theme, beautiful card! Now I am your new follower

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I think your colouring skills were more than up top the task! Fab card. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card.

    Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin'.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dawn, this is awesome! I did have a chuckle at your lost marbles but your card has come out perfectly! Well done & thanks for playing along with us at Sweet Stampin' xx

    ReplyDelete