Thursday 3 May 2018

A bit Washed Out

Evening all.  I finally got around to colouring an image for the current Cardz4Galz Challenge which is April Showers.  I had printed an image from one of Cristy's Colouring book downloads over at Tiddly Inks.  It's from the 'Everyday Fun' set I think and it seemed perfect for the challenge.  I coloured the image and then used a blender pen to remove some colour from the dots in the background which gives it a sort of washed out look where it's pushed the colour to the edges.  I've gone over the dots with a Spectrum Noir sparkle pen but, as usual my picture doesn't show the detail well.

When I put the card together I wasn't sure about a layout but I had a look at one of my many Pinterest boards and had an idea.  I did need to trim the image down to make it fit the layout but I still think it was OK.  In order to see where I came up with the layout you need to go and visit Pauline's Blog.  I pinned her super cute owl card (it's not the first I've pinned and I'm sure it won't be the last) and I've tried my best to do it justice but I'm not sure I will ever live up to Pauline's amazing standards.  The reason I chose that layout was to say a big thank you to Pauline herself.  Absolutely every time I post on my blog Pauline is always the first to comment and I am so grateful for her constant encouragement.  So, thank you Pauline.  Here's what I did with your layout - I really hope you like it.


Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x

5 comments:

  1. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Dawn. Love the colors and layering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the mention Dawn, I am honoured that you found my card inspirational - I love your card, a super image and beautifully coloured.
    It is always a pleasure to visit your fabulous blog.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daw, cuteness overload!!!! Your colouring is gooooorgeous!! Thank you for sharing at Cardz 4 Galz xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brialliant, a great card. I love the choice of colours and papers. Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Galz. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete