Saturday 2 April 2016

Forgotten Fun

I've been making cards for years and years and my style and techniques have changed considerably. My current passion is for Digital Stamps - you may have noticed - but I have a room full of dis-guarded tools and paraphernalia.  I've been so obsessed by my pro-markers that I'd forgotten what fun it was to get inky.  This week's sketch at From the Heart Stamps gave me an opportunity to remember.  It wasn't so much the sketch (I could easily have used a panel of backing paper) but the idea of sponging got hold of me.  It's been a while!  Here's my card for this week's challenge.

 
and here's the original sketch


I masked off a panel and used two colours from Adirondack - watermelon and mountain rose - and I'm genuinely surprised they'd not dried up over the years.  I even sponged the flower stamp and used a tiny paintbrush to ink in the dots and strips.  The 'happiness' stamp is from an ancient set from Hero Arts that I've had longer than the ink.  

Maybe my plan to move to a larger craft room would not be necessary if I de-stashed a little.  Then again, I couldn't go back to my past and re-live the fun if I'd got rid of my inks and stamps could I?

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x

2 comments:

  1. Great card - fun take on the sketch with the sponged back ground and flower- love it! Thanks for joining the sketch challenge at From the Heart Stamps this week!
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card! Thanks for entering I {heart} card sketches with a tWist - hope to see you again next time!

    ReplyDelete