Wednesday 17 October 2018

Happy Bird day!

Morning all.  I'm really excited to share the news that I have been accepted onto another design team.  The Back to Basics and Beyond Challenge hopes to inspire readers, especially new crafters, to use techniques that we all had to learn once. The fabulous design team offer inspiration and there is often a link to a tutorial for those who have never tried something before.

The new challenge today is to use a Mask or a Stencil.  I have to admit that I have only recently started using stencils myself.  So, if you are new to the technique, I know how you feel.  Dawn's tip of the day - tape your card and your mask down.  My leaf stencil is by far my most useful one so far and, having inked it in a couple of green inks, I then die cut a circle out of it.  I used another circle behind and mounted my bird on the front.  The stamp is an ancient digi from Doodlepantry (I don't know if they still trade in the States but EU changes to VAT regulations meant that they stopped selling in Europe so I can't link to the site - sorry).  I added my sentiment and some sequins and gems and that was it.  Job done.


I hope you like what I did with my stencil.  Die cutting the circle allowed me to use one but still fit my 'style' of card making.

Please pop over and see what the DT ladies have created.  There cards are very diverse and will give you loads of inspiration.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, love the little birdie. Must admit im getting more into stencils last couple of months. Emmax

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so SOOOOOO cute, Dawn! I love the sweetness in your creation, and the take on the challenge. We are so blessed to have you join the DT - looking forward to spending more time knowing you! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete