Tuesday 10 September 2019

Controversial?

Morning all.  We have a new subject for you today over at Cardz4guyz.  Jane would like you all to be inspired by the songs of The Beatles.  My heart did sink a little at this one.   I may court a little controversy here but I'm not really a Beatles fan.  I don't mind their music and individually I quite like what they've done.  However, I was put off in my teens by a boyfriend who was obsessed.  

Anyway, I digress, the subject is what it is so I'd better get my thinking cap on.  Now, having said that I wasn't a fan, one of my all time favourite tracks is 'While my Guitar Gently Weeps'.  I knew that George Harrison had written it so I wondered if it would count.  Anyhow, I've done a little research and it was on The White Album, yeah.

When Patrick moved to University he started teaching himself to play the guitar.  One of my favourite things is that he rings me up and plays to me down the telephone.  I have given him a wish list of songs I would like him to learn and this one is on the top.  I'm not holding my breath.  He's still playing Hendricks and Jonny Marr.


For my card I used a fab image by Dr Digi and mounted it on the stencilled background.  I've just discovered texture paste and added a few droplets to the background using a stencil I created from a raindrops die.  I'm really pleased with the result.  I think it fits the bill quite nicely considering.

And now, for your listening pleasure:



Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x

6 comments:

  1. Not a Beatles fan? *faints* - and yet you've picked one of my favourite Beatles songs to illustrate with this FAB card. Love it, a really beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fabulous card Dawn, I love the stenciled background with the drops of textured paste! Great song choice.
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the brick stencil in the background! It's perfect to go with this guitar!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous masculine card, love the stencilled background.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete