Monday 6 January 2020

Not Hip to be Square

Morning all.  Are you ready for a new Make My Monday Challenge.  This time we want anything but a square card.  This makes it a real change for me as square is my go to shape (with the occasional rectangle for variation).  I wanted to move away from normal shapes altogether and go with something totally different.  To make my card base I chose my largest sort of semi-circle die and stuck it to a card base before cutting around to get the card blank.  I inked it up with worn lipstick and spun sugar distress inks and splattered it a bit with water.  The cat stamp is a new one that I had to have when I saw it. It's a Laurel Burch design from Stampendous. I loved the images but I'm a bit intimidated by the bold colours she uses.  The stamps came with a stencil so I added texture paste to my blank and used enchanted gold embossing powder over it.  When you do it with texture paste it bubbles when you heat set it and I love the effect.  

I have a crazy cat lady best friend and this will be going to her for her birthday. She loves red so that was my main colour choice.


It's not my usual style but I love how it turned out and I will be using the stamp set much more now I've coloured it once.  Besides, I have a crazy cat lady mother in law with a birthday in February.  She's gonna love this stamp set.

Please pop over and have a look at the DT Inspiration.  There are some beautiful projects to inspire you.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x

11 comments:

  1. This cat crazy lady loves it too - gorgeous shaped card. Wishing you a Happy & Healthy 2020. Emmax

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bold colours and texture on the cat Dawn, he looks great against the pink and blue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like this card, great shape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card! Love the cat image. Good shape for a card. I may have to try to make something for this challenge today. Big hugs! :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  5. A super card Dawn, I love the bold coloured cat.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dawn,

    Great card to inspire others for MMM challenge! Nothing square about this card!

    Your Design Team Pal,

    Janeen
    https://www.demidoodle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Dawn! Happy New Year!! Your card is SO adorable! Thanks for the link to buying this great stamp set, because I am a cat lady too and know plenty more! Have a great rest of your week, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just love the colors you used on your shaped card, Dawn. And, the colors are wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey I have this stamp too! Love this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Dawn, I love the shape.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the way you imitated the pattern in the stamp with the textured paste in the background! So cute and very effective!
    Rachelle -: )

    ReplyDelete