Wednesday 28 November 2018

Coloured Vellum

Morning all.  Time for another new challenge at Back to Basics and Beyond.  This fortnight we are wanting you to include some colouring on vellum.  I was a bit intimidated by this one as my mum used to do Parchment Craft and some of the work she did was really awesome.  I inherited some of her stuff when she gave up, including some vellum flowers she had already coloured.  I was tempted but decided it wasn't in the spirit of the challenge if I didn't colour it myself.  I have some lovely vellum sheets already printed with roses, butterflies and hearts.  I tried embossing a rose and colouring it, liked I'd seen mum do, but it went in the bin fairly quickly.  In the end I chose to colour some of the white butterflies on a top panel and used the rest of the sheet for a bottom panel (you'll see what I mean in the picture).  I did use my deepest shades of turquoise and blue green - that's Dawn's tip of the day as the colours are muted when you turn the vellum over - but they still don't look very bright on the picture.  I cut one out and stuck it to the front, above my sentiment, and added a few gems along the spine.  I hope you like it.

                                    
Please pop over to join us as we love to see your work.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x

6 comments:

  1. The colours are really quite vibrant Dawn, beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Dawn, I love the colors and all of the gorgeous butterflies!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is pretty Dawn, so soft and delicate.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Dawn! Lovely layers, and such a beautiful way of featuring vellum! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Dawn! I love that you visit my blog and comment. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete