Saturday 15 June 2019

No Patterned Paper

They didn't say I couldn't create my own pattern though.  So that's exactly what I did.  My card is for the new theme over at Sparkles Monthly Challenge.  As I couldn't use patterned paper I decided to use up all those little scraps of coloured card that 'might come in handy'.  You know the ones.  You've got a box full, right?  Too small for normal card fronts but too big to just throw away.  I spent an age cutting lots of squares and rectangles and a couple of frames and then spent even longer trying to piece them into something I liked.  Once I'd done that I had a look through my stamps to see if I could find something to use on it.  I decided on a pretty patterned cat from My Favourite Things.  It was one of those stamp sets that I absolutely had to have when it came out.  I think this is the second time I've ever used it!

Anyway, this is how it looks now I've finished it.


I really pleased with the end result.  I think I might have to visit my bits box a bit more often.  It seems that they do come in handy every now and again.  

Please pop over and join in the fun.  It's always fun to see what your take on the challenge will be.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x

8 comments:

  1. brilliant die cut background and colours for your patterned cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this multi-colored cat and I love all the squares you created! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Dawn, a great idea - lovely colours and a great stamp.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is an amazing design Dawn, love the colours too. Emmax

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Dawn! This is really awesome :) I love this color palette and the cute little cat pops right off the front. I appreciate your patience in piecing all of this together into a cohesive design - great job!
    Red - xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww this is so cute Dawn, I love that colorful cat and the gorgeous background design!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a brilliant idea for your scraps and it came out so well. I love the effect and those colours with your beautiful cat, just perfect x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the card Dawn! What a fab way to use up those scraps! and Yes I'm afraid I have a box full too...just waiting for the right card LOL, and yes I have those stamps that you just have to buy and then end up never using! hugs Alli XoX

    ReplyDelete