Thursday 15 August 2019

Typically Tropical

Good morning all.  Had enough of the summer sunshine yet?  We have a fantastic summer theme for you at this month's Sparkles Challenge.  We want to see your 'Tropical' makes.  

I'm not sure I could stand too much tropical.  I wouldn't mind a little bit of tropical in a glass though or, failing that, a coconut shell.  I found this fabulous tropical drinks digi stamp set at Sweet Siren Co on Etsy.  They are a new company to me but I loved this set so I will probably be back for more.


I stencilled the leafy background with peeled paint distress ink. The coconut is coloured with pro markers but then I went over bits of it with pearlised paint to add a bit of sparkle.  I'm not sure what's in the cocktail but I'm imaging white rum or Malibu (now that takes me back to my drunken youth).  

Please pop over to the blog and join in the fun.  There are some wonderful cards to inspire you.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant take on the theme Dawn, love your stamp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card,perfect background with the image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun tropical stamp Dawn and I love the the gorgeous stenciled background!
    Hugs, Tammy and

    ReplyDelete