Friday 7 May 2021

But First, Coffee or Chocolate

 Are you ready to kick start your day with a new challenge.  You have a choice of 'Coffee or Chocolate' over at The Alphabet Challenge. Or both, if you are so inclined. I can't start the day without my Earl Gray but my Other Half needs his 'proper' coffee.  None of that instant rubbish.  He buys his beans by mail order and grinds his own.  I suppose I could have chosen chocolate - which I love more than coffee - but I'm on a diet!


I bought a whole sheet of coffee sentiments from Dr Digi's House of Stamps and just picked one.  After cutting it out and inking it with some distress inks I wasn't sure where to go next. I liked the backing paper I had picked but didn't have a contrasting one. I also felt it needed a little embellishment. In desperation I found a sort of collage
sheet of kraft and black.  It had a little cup on it so I cut it out.  However, the kraft looked daft against my other paper and the inks I'd used. I also felt it was a bit dull and boring.  Out with the alcohol markers.  I coloured my cup red and added it to my sentiment circle.  I was so pleased with how it came out I then cut a square of the kraft paper and coloured the whole piece red.  It turned into one of those cards that I keep looking at and smiling.  It wasn't what I had started out doing but I love how it turned out.

Please pop over and join in the fun.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x


8 comments:

  1. A super card Dawn, lovely rich reds and great sentiment. - it's nice when things turn out like that.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the rich tones Dawn, a fabulous card

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when you aren't too sure how your card will look and then you are very pleased with the end results. I love your card too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd say you should be smiling - it's beautiful! I love all of thee choices you made on this card! I know that happens to me sometimes - the more I fiddle with it the better it turns out! Of course I have to say that about 50% of the time it goes into the trash can! The tan/kraft/red palette is awesome and I love the giant sentiment! Take care and have a great weekend!
    Hugs - Rachelle : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an upbeat, terrific card. With summer rounding the bend again, we might need to start making iced coffee themed greetings. 😄

    Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Dawn, I love the rich colors! Great sentiment, that's me for sure in the morning! :)

    ReplyDelete