Monday 24 May 2021

Floral Fun

 Morning all.  We have a lovely new challenge for you this morning over at Make My Monday. Cindy has chosen 'floral birthday' for the theme.  Easy peasy.  Everyone has some floral stamps, papers, embellishments etc etc.  Of course, just because I have loads of possible images doesn't mean I didn't go shopping for a new one.  I've been hanging my nose over some Alex Syberia Digital Stamps on Etsy.  This gave me the perfect excuse.  Thanks Cindy.  I chose a lovely Peony and printed it out several times. I did challenge myself a little bit by choosing to watercolour it.  The first challenge was to find my watercolour paper to print it on!  I'm never very happy with my watercolouring.  It doesn't seen to be a medium I can get the hang of.  I was pretty pleased when these didn't turn out badly.


I stenciled a masked off circle in grey ink and used a die cut sentiment that I had hanging around.  I did use some sparkle pen for the center of the flowers.  I blobbed a bit but it doesn't look bad.  I was so pleased I made another and stuck gems in the flower centers instead.  I like them both, which is a bonus.

Please pop over and join in the fun.  Dig out all those floral bits you've got hanging about.  It's an excuse to use them up, or you could use the excuse to get more.  Blame me.  I've got broad shoulders.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning Dawn,love your layout and the beautiful Peony

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pretty card Dawn, lovely flowers.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Dawn, I love that image and the beautifully stenciled background!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card, Dawn! I just love the newest addition to your digi collection - perfectly done! You keep reminding me about stenciling, but I keep forgetting. Maybe I need to write it down this time! Have a great week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely framing and design.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful flowers and I like it watercolored!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI Dawn! This is such a beautiful CAS card design! You are always way too hard on yourself - this watercolor is lovely and the colors work so well together! I've been eyeing a few things over on the Alex Syberia website myself so if a few purchases are made this weekend, I've got no one to blame except me! ; ) Have a good one!
    Hugs - Rachelle : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful hun, love the stencilling in the centre
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Serenely elegant design. Love the stenciled background. I haven't reached for my stencils near enough as of late and this beautiful card is a welcome reminder to try and do so a bit more as 2021 rolls ever onward.

    Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete