Thursday 20 May 2021

Wingy Things

 Morning all.  I hope you are ready for a new girly challenge over at Cardz4galz.  We want to see 'things with wings' this time around.  I had a fabulous idea for a stenciled butterfly for this challenge.  I have several stencils and I'd dug out my texture paste and some shimmery embossing powders to go on the top.  I carefully spread the paste. I covered it with embossing powder.  I heated it up (it gives the paste a lovely puffy texture - try it).  Then I showed it to my other half.  He confirmed that it wasn't 'up to my usual standard' - bless his diplomatic cotton socks - so it's languishing in the bin.  I was fed up by that time so I just coloured some birds from an old MFT set and stuck them to a card base I had already put together in my 'needs finishing' stash.


Considering I just threw the birds at the card I'm quite pleased with the result.  I've put the butterfly stencils back in the folder.  It will be a while before they see the light of day again.

I obviously need inspiring so I'm hoping you will join the fun.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x


8 comments:

  1. A fabulous creation,love your papers die cut greeting and these adorable birds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the papers you used, great card. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww this is so cute and colorful, love the little birds!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A super card Dawn, pretty papers and cute little birds, I like the lovely colours.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colours - and a great card despite 'throwing' the birds at it. Good luck with the next use of that stencil. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, your little birds are so cute on this whimsical card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delightfully cheerful greeting. Love the sunny, happy colours and those cuter than cutie tropical birdies.

    Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, love the colours

    ReplyDelete