Monday 14 February 2022

I 'heart' Van Gogh

 Morning all.  Happy Valentine's Day.  We have a romantic new theme on the Make My Monday Challenge and would like to see 'hearts' on your projects please.  

I was really please when my son asked me if I'd make him a valentine's card for his girlfriend.  In all the years I've been doing cards he's only ever asked for two.  The other was for her graduation.  Of course I was chuffed to bits and asked if he'd got anything in particular in mind.  Yes he says and promptly shows me that he's bought tickets to the 'Van Gogh' exhibition in Brick Lane.  To say that I'm a little jealous is an understatement.  I did suggest he take his mother instead but he declined! I've been looking at tickets for the one in Salford but it finishes in a couple of weeks and I just haven't got time spare.  Oh well, at least I can take pride in the fact that I raised a romantic soul and hope they enjoy themselves😒


So off I pop to find a suitable sunflower image that I can create into a floating heart.  Well, I went one better and found this beautiful image
over at Twinkle Lane Designs.  Honestly, she could have read my mind.  It has a bow on the image but, once I'd coloured it, I just cut that bit off. The sunflowers are all sparkly with spectrum noir glitter pen but you can't see it on here.  He was really pleased with it.  I suppose I'll find out later if his girlfriend was.

OK, over to you.

Thanks for reading.  

Love Dawn x

5 comments:

  1. Such a pretty Valentine card, Dawn! My daughter doesn't like hearts but LOVES sunflowers so would be very excited about this card. I'm sure your son won his girlfriend's heart with this card - as well as the Van Gogh tickets! Have a great week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous heart shaped image Dawn,love the sunflowers,hope your sons girlfriend loved it

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous! The floating part of it makes the gorgeous coloring just really pop off the page. Love this, and I am sure his gf was as well! X O Sue J.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Splendidly lovely card. How sweet and thoughtful of you to make this cheery greeting for your son's GF.

    Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete