Wednesday 6 February 2019

Piece on Earth

Morning all.  Time for a new challenge at Back to Basics and Beyond.  This is taking me back to basics as I haven't done any paper piecing in years.  My card is probably a little unseasonal in amongst all the valentines at the moment but when I went to chose a stamp it was lying on the top of the pile screaming at me to be used.  I have no idea how long I've had this stamp.  It says it is an Anita's design but I have  no recollection of it and I certainly haven't used it before.  Double bonus then.  Maybe I need to go and have another look through my stamps.

I stamped the design on white card and then again on some red and glittery red paper.  Having cut out my stars I then stuck them all together.  I had intended to use dimensional glue on the top layer and then forgot.  The greeting is cut out of the same glitter card and I just used a scrap of old backing paper.

Here is how it turned out.


Considering I had no clue as to where I was going with this challenge I'm pretty pleased with the result.  Plus, I have a start on next years stash of Christmas cards (I have a feeling it will be very lonely for a while).

Please pop over and join the fun.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x

6 comments:

  1. Smashing start to your Christmas cards Dawn, love the stars

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super Christmas card Dawn, well done making a start on next years Christmas cards.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and design, I love the sparkly sentiment!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you made such a beautiful Christmas card, Dawn. Love everything about this card :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, love the little star stamp. Emmax

    ReplyDelete