Monday 15 April 2019

Diamonds are for...Golfers!

Morning all.  I was so pleased with the entries for my 'humorous' challenge over at Make My Monday.  It was so much fun to see how everyone interpreted my challenge.  If you would like to see who I have chosen as winners please pop over and have a look.  Whilst you are there you can check out the new challenge.  Sue has chosen 'Diamonds' as the theme for this fortnight.

I have to admit that I was unsure where to go with this so I popped Diamonds into my Cricut Design Space and found a border that reminded me so much of the Pringle design that Golfers wear a lot.  Well, once I'd seen it I couldn't get it out of my head.  I printed a little Pigwit Golfer that I've had for ages.  Unfortunately, Faith, the artist, passed away a couple of years ago so it is no longer available.  I have a bunch of her images and they always make me smile.  She was such a talented and generous person.  I do miss her images.  Anyway, I coloured him in the same colours that I'd chosen for the border and mounted the lot on a DL card that I had covered with stripey backing paper.  What do you think.


I'm quite pleased with the result.  I might try some other border designs.  They are very effective if you blow them up a bit and used them as a central feature.

Please pop over and check out the DT cards.  The ladies are hugely talented and I am sure you will be inspired.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x

8 comments:

  1. brilliant image and sentiment Dawn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww this is so cute Dawn, adorable image and awesome diamond background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A super card Dawn, a cute golfing pig and great border.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic fun card, love the pig. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dawn, I love this adorable card! The cute pig is wonderful and love the argyle cutout around him. Perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dawn - This is really cute and I love the horizontal layout using the large argyle pattern - this gives me some ideas! :)
    Rachelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dawn - This is really cute and I love the horizontal layout using the large argyle pattern - this gives me some ideas! :)
    Rachelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. A love this. That pig is so cute!

    ReplyDelete