Monday 15 April 2019

Easter Blessings

Morning all, me again.  As well as the new Make My Monday challenge, today starts a new challenge over at Sparkles Monthly Challenge.  Cathy has chosen either Flowers or Religious Cards.  Although it is Easter this week you could chose any Religious Festival and any Religion.  

Today is the start of Holy Week in the Christian calender and I will be busy with services this week so it seemed appropriate to make an Easter card.  I have a beautiful cross image (I think it's a Marianne Designs die) that would give me the opportunity to try a technique I'd seen recently on Youtube.  Jennifer Dove's stained glass technique shows a couple of ways to create faux stained glass with your dies.  To be fair, although I am happy with my results here, it would work better with a more open die.  I did layer several dies on top of each other to get dimension but, as I hadn't any crystal glaze, I did cover the bottom layer with clear embossing powder.  I also cut the top layer in black rather than embossing it with silver.  I was so pleased with the results I just stuck it to a coloured card blank and added the sentiment.


It's so vibrant in real life.  I will definitely try this technique again.  
Please pop over to the challenge and join in the fun.  We do love to see your designs.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x

5 comments:

  1. Oh this is so pretty! I need to check out stained glass technique and try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and technique Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful Easter card Dawn, a lovely traditional design.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, a lovely stained glass effect. Emma

    ReplyDelete