Wednesday 15 May 2019

Honey I shrunk the die cut

Morning all. Back to Basics and Beyond have a new challenge today and it has just taken me back.  The challenge is to use Shrink Plastic.  I first encountered this in my old ATC days and I'm not sure that I've ever used it on anything else.  I knew that I'd got some somewhere but it took some finding.  I'd put it in a bag of bits to send to the local kids club.  Luckily, I'd not gotten around to taking them.

For my card I decided to use a die cut rather than a stamp.  I cut it in card and then again in shrink plastic.  After colouring both I got out the old heat tool and let the magic happen.  Yeah, right!  My first attempt curled up on itself and wouldn't straighten so I did it again.  If I'd realised how awkward that thin stem was going to be to shrink I'd have done something else.  Anyway, I kept at it and this is the result.


I didn't want to distract from the simplicity of the card so this is it in all it's glory.  

Apparently, shrink plastic isn't a new thing.  My better half tells me that he and his sister used to bake sweet wrappers when they were little and they would shrink in the oven.

Please pop over and join in the fun.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x

9 comments:

  1. wonderful idea to use a die to shrink down

    ReplyDelete
  2. How on earth did you do that?????? How clever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and design, I love the die you used for the shrink plastic!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Dawn, such a great idea and a very elegant design.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, love the little shrink plastic poppies. Emmax

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so pretty, Dawn and using the die cut turned out to be a wonderful idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it Dawn, well done on persevering with the stems, it's so pretty having the little version.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Superb idea! But yes slim delicate things are a pain when heating and often need a spare just in case it doesn't work! C xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful CAS card Dawn, love your design. I haven’t used shrink plastic for years!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete