Tuesday 21 May 2019

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside

Now come on, admit it.  You sang along with the title didn't you.  Well I did when I typed it.  And that's exactly what we want you to do for this week's Cardz4guyz Challenge.  Simples, right?

There has got to be loads of scope for this challenge so you have no excuse for not joining in.  I was spoilt for choice.  I couldn't decide between seagulls, beaches, boats or fish, so I went with a lighthouse instead.  I've had this sweet digistamp from Tiddlyinks for years and I think I've only coloured it once.  It may get a few more outings as I really enjoyed colouring it.  I think, when I bought it, I was a bit daunted as I hadn't been colouring long.  I'm really chuffed with how it turned out this time.  


The backing papers were in my drawer full of scraps and I just added the clouds and the wave for a bit of detail.  Originally I added a couple of eyelets but I hated them.  No points for guessing where I left the holes when I removed them.  I don't think you can tell and I'm pleased with the result.  Please pop over and join in the fun.  The DT have some wonderful inspiration for you.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x

8 comments:

  1. A super card Dawn, you have created a fun scene and your colouring is fabulous.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic sea scene, love the lighthouse image. Emmax

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful colouring on this gorgeous seaside scene Dawn, brilliant card

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous scene Dawn, I love that image and the awesome wavy paper!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the scene you have created, a great masculine card.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got back from the "seaside", all the way down in the Dominican Republic. Had a fab time!! This card is wonderful and so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! Isn't this just spectacular, Dawn? I love the water done in several blue tones, and the magic you created in the sky with that delightful lighthouse scene! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute and fun card with those billowy clouds and the large white wave! Love those papers and how you colored that fun image, and the tab on the top right is a fun little accent too! Love this!

    ReplyDelete