Friday 26 February 2021

Xtra, Xtra - Folds that is

 Morning all.  Time for the letter X over at The Alphabet Challenge and we want to see 'Xtra Folds' on your cards this time please.  I was quite looking forward to this one.  A fun fold would be something different for me. I set off in search of inspiration - Pinterest and YouTube got a real hammering and found several projects I liked the look of.  And that's when frustration set in.  It seems I am unable to get my head around basic measurements and instructions. After a couple of hours I had a pile of creased up card and nothing to show for it.  I nearly took a picture of the disaster pile but I didn't want to put anyone off joining in the 'fun'. OK, where else do I look for inspiration.  I know, Debbie from Secrets to Stamping likes a good fun fold.  I'll pop over there.  And that's what I did.  I found the card that I linked to above and used it for inspiration.  

Here's my take on the fold.


The papers I found go so well with the die (I had it from the works ages ago).  In the end I relented and enjoyed the process.  I even cut a few more stags and made 4 extra cards from the scraps.  They can go in my Church card box.

I am obviously in need of further inspiration for these 'fun folds' so let's see what you've got.

Thanks to Debbie for the inspiration and to the rest of you for reading.  

Love Dawn x

 

9 comments:

  1. Lovely card, great fold. Have a good day. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super card Dawn, a great fold and lovely die - it goes so well with the papers.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Dawn, you did great on this fun fold card!! I certainly understand your pile of creased up card but the more you do them, the easier it will be. Your paper coordinating with your die is brilliant here and know that it will be so appreciated. I hope you are doing well and staying safe. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome masculine card Dawn, I love that stag die cut and the beautiful colors!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous background paper for your die cut Dawn,a brilliant shaped card

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a great fun fold card and this fits the bill!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Instantly eye-catching card. It's bold, elegant, and thoroughly lovely.

    Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Dawn - I'm glad you persevered xx

    ReplyDelete