Thursday 22 April 2021

I Love My Mum

 Morning all.  We have a lovely new challenge for you over at Cardz4galz this morning.  We'd love to see your projects for 'Mum' or projects for a 'Special Day'.  Mother's Day in the US is coming up soon so it would be an ideal opportunity if you are that side of the pond.  Even though we've had Mother's Day in the UK.  I chose to make an early birthday card for my mum.  She doesn't read my blog so I'm fine posting it. I think I've mentioned before that mum is trying to teach me to crochet.  Honestly, she's got the patience of a saint. I'm not the easiest of pupils. I've been practicing little bits at home and I'd recently managed a little heart.  I'd started to make another but the wool got in a knot and I gave up in frustration.  It had made a heart shape so I finished it off at that point.  They've been sitting on my table staring at me ever since. Not any more.  They are now sitting on my card.  


Sorry about the rubbish picture.  Because of the thickness of the hearts it wouldn't scan so I had to take a photo.  I kept everything very simple, stamping a 'with love' and die cutting mum. If she doesn't look too closely at the crocheting I think she'll love it.

OK, over to you.  Let's see what you've got for our challenge.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x

7 comments:

  1. Fittingly, this is an absolutely heart-warming card. How sweet and wonderful that you're able to share some of your own hand crocheted pieces with the very person who is teaching you this classic crafting art.

    Happiest b-day wishes to your sweet mom!

    Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pretty card Dawn, your crochet hearts are lovely.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card and complement to mum for teaching you to crochet Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww I love that little crochet heart Dawn, beautiful card!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful heartfelt card, your little heart is lovely. Emmax

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great gift - to learn a craft from someone you love! My Aunt Mary taught me to crochet when I was about 5 and it never quite stuck with me while my younger sister can produce amazingly complicated afghans worthy of a county prize! This is a beautiful CAS design and I know your mum will love it!
    Hugs - Rachelle : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your crocheted heart is lovely!! I taught myself to arm knit a year ago and I knitted everyone scarves for Christmas in 2019. I haven't made any since! LOL I remember crocheting when I was in high school but that was many many years ago (my 40th class reunion is this summer, but I am not going)

    ReplyDelete