Monday 26 April 2021

Without Rain There Would Be No Rainbows

 Good morning all.  Today's new Challenge at Make My Monday is 'April Showers'.  I seem to have done several cards on this theme recently so how was I going to come up with something different this time.  I thought I would concentrate on the raindrops themselves.  I downloaded this SVG file from Fantasy Clipart.  It also comes with a PNG image so, instead of cutting it, I printed it.  Once large and three times small.


I have to say colouring it became a bit of a love/hate thing.  I started out loving it but it took so long.  The smaller raindrops just got stripes of colour but I need to pay more attention to the colour wheel as the blending turned to brown in some bits.  Oh well, browns a colour I suppose.  I added some coloured bling and that was that.

Please pop over and join in the fun.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x


8 comments:

  1. A super card Dawn, your multicoloured rain drop is fabulous - I bet it took quite some colouring.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful rainbow colours on these fantastic raindrops Dawn,a labour of love

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous hun, love the colours you have used
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome card Dawn, I love the colorful raindrops!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW - I love these giant paisley raindrops! You did such a great job coloring them - that was no easy task! I really like the brown in there - it's like the reflection of flowers, earth and sky!!! Take care!
    Hugs - Rachelle : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooohh, what a vivid, fabulous design and colour palette! Rain has never looked lovelier!

    Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card, love the colours. Aensha x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooo beautiful - LOVE itx

    ReplyDelete