Monday 12 April 2021

Check it out - it's Plaid

 Morning all.  Time for a new challenge at Make My Monday.  Let's see your projects with 'Checks or Plaids' please.  I had no idea where to go with this one and the obvious place to start was my paper stash.  I dug out all the checks and plaids I had to see if anything inspired me. I found a cute pink, green and a hint of blue and popped it on a card front before adding some layers of stitched squares.  I wanted to us a very old rubbishy plastic 'baby'  stamp that I've had forever and I coloured it to match.  The problem was it looked lost on my card.  I just didn't really know where to go with it.  I could have coloured a baby image (I have plenty) but I wasn't in the mood.  In desperation I went through my toppers box and found the absolute perfect image.  I had it from the Dollar Graphics Depot years ago (they don't sell to Europe since they altered the law a while ago - something to do with tax I think).  It's been sitting in that box forever. I'm not sure I could have made a better card if I'd started with the image.


I did make some smaller cards with just the stamp and the off cuts of paper which have gone in my Church card box.  

OK, it's your turn.  

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x


7 comments:

  1. So sweet and fun! I'm a huge fan of plaid (and tartan) of all kinds, and just love finding ways to weave it into my paper crafting the whole year through.

    Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sweet card Dawn, a cute image and lovely plaid papers.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful combination of colours in your background paper, layers and image a gorgeous card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful. Love the use of the coloured card to make your image pop. Anesha x

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO gorgeous, love the image. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww that baby image is so cute Dawn and I love the plaid paper!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're right - I think it is the perfect image for the card! I would really like to see your stash sometime...I think it's a gold mine! : )
    Hugs - Rachelle

    ReplyDelete