Friday 30 July 2021

I is for Insects

 Morning all.  I had to pick a subject for the letter 'I'over at The Alphabet Challenge and the only thing I could think of at the time was 'insects'.  Well, it'll make for interesting projects to judge.  I just hope we don't get too many spiders - yuk!

My card is a little different from my normal style.  I picked up a couple of stamp sets that I absolutely had to have from Aall and Create. It must have been a fit of madness as their images make beautiful mixed media type work - which I've never mastered. My set had some lovely hexagon shapes which I thought would work well with some bee stamps from a magazine freebie.  


My plan was to use yellow and grey but it just looked mucky so I threw in some purple and I liked it better.  Look!  I even stenciled some texture paste on. That's as near to mixed media as I'm ever going to get.

Please pop over and join in the fun.  I'll even forgive you if you use spiders.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x


7 comments:

  1. Hexagons and bees are a perfect match Dawn,beautiful colours and texture,a great card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card, great images and textures. Anesha x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cute bugs all over :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. A super card Dawn, your hexagons are perfect with your super bees, a fabulous design.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely, peaceful card. I adore how you arranged the hexagon/honeycomb shapes and how the darling little bees are fluttering to and fro into/out of them.

    Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I think you've mastered the MM technique on this one for sure! Great job of pivoting mid-stream with the change to the purple/yellow combo - it really works well here! I can't tell you the number of panels I've tossed into the trash because the color combo in my head did not translate to my paper! You also did a great job with the pattern paste texture - it fits perfectly with the honeycomb images! Nice one!
    Hugs - Rachelle : )

    ReplyDelete