Tuesday 21 September 2021

Heavy metal - not!

 Morning all.  It's time for a new Cardz4guyz Challenge.  Billie has chosen to 'add some metal' to your projects this week.  Time to reach for all those unused Brads I've had hidden away for years.  I've got several that I've always 'kept for best'.  Silly isn't it?  It's like keeping all the 'pretty paper' because you don't want to cut into it.  My hubby will like this one.  He's a bit of a Mod at heart.  He loves his 60s music and rode a Vespa until he injured his arm which made it too painful.


I only had the one Target brad so I echoed it with the red white and blue cardstock.  The background is embossed with a Tim Holtz embossing folder.  It's a sort of grungy union flag.  I toyed with the idea of adding some ink but I liked the plain white behind it all.

Please pop over and join in the challenge.  We love to see your ideas.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x


7 comments:

  1. Love the bold colours against the white background Dawn,love your layout,a brilliant masculine make

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brads...I have a bunch stashed away too!! Why didn't I think of them for this challenge!?! They were a hit back in the day...you inspired me to dig mine out!! I love the MOD feel you created here...great inspiration for those who decide to play along with our "add some metal" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved my brads "back in the day" and have a few laying around here myself. Glad to see you put yours to use:). Great card! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great birthday card for your hubby or for any guy! I love the color scheme but that "special" brad you saved is just perfect on this card! NJ!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A super card Dawn, suck a striking design - I love that you based your design around one brad, a great idea.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fresh, eye-catchingly cool design. I'm totally digging circles layered over rectangles like that.

    Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete