Tuesday 29 January 2019

Now That Takes Me Back

Now come on, admit it, you all remember taping the chart show on a Sunday night.  Hovering your fingers over the buttons trying to cut out the voice of the DJ.  I can't be the only one.

We have a new challenge over at Cardz4guyz this morning.  Something beginning with T.  I chose Tape Cassette and used this image from Dr Digi's House of Stamps.  You have no idea how appropriate this is to me.  I now use CDs, DVDs and even Blu Rays in my job but, back in the day, it used to be all tapes.  It won't be long before everything is just down loadable.  Well,  all these changes in technology are keeping me on my toes.

Here's my card.


I can't say I miss having to untangle the tape when it gets stuck though.  Please pop over and see what the DT have chosen for their letter T and we'd love to see yours too.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x

10 comments:

  1. Haha, Dawn, wait till you see my card for our next but one challenge, we must be of the same vintage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Dawn, brought back lots of memories, love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. This takes me back a bit Dawn, I can definitely remember recording the chart show. A super card - a great idea.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a fabulous card Dawn, I love that image and it's colored beautifully! I remember back in the day when cassettes would get stuck in my car stereo!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic and really takes me back! My 2002 car has a cassette tape deck that I seldom use because I've sold/purged most of the cassette tapes I once had! Great idea for the letter T!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy, if this doesn't bring back memories. I just love this card, make me laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. great digistamp , great card :)
    thanks so much for your comment in my blog
    have a great day
    hugs from Chile

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic retro card, love the layout, cassette tapes and my walkman, ah those were the days:-) Thank you for your comments on my blog this week. Hugs Emmax

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun card - so perfect for a guy. I can remember getting mix tapes and having to do this with them! Showing my age there unfortunately lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! Remember when we thought those tapes were the cutting edge after 8-tracks and vinyl albums? What a fantastic creation! Dawn, your style of writing is so fun, and so is your darling card! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete