Friday 8 October 2021

N O spells No (layers)

 Morning all.  We have reached the letter N over at The Alphabet Challenge and we have the dreaded - by me - 'No Layers' card.  I find these so difficult to do.  My single layer cards look so flat - until now!  Yes it's a single layer but look at all that embossing.


I love that the embossing folder gives it so much dimension without adding layers.  I just inked the card before I started and stamped a sentiment in the middle panel.  I think the folder came in a goody bag I'd had and I can't remember ever using it before as it's so large.  I'm so pleased with the result.

Please nip over and join in the fun.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x




10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love the embossing. Anesha x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beautiful sentiment looks great in the centre of your gorgeous embossed card front Dawn ,a beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Dawn, I don't think this card could be any better and certainly doesn't need more layers to make it beautiful. Love it! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A super card Dawn, such a lovely embossing folder.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card Dawn, I love that embossing folder!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the embossing too! Makes the sentiment "pop".

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so clever to use an embossing folder! Love this card, and the touches of ink are just lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful no-layers card - I'd never guess you had difficulties making it. The idea to use an embossing folder to create a 3D effect is amazing - and what a beautiful embossing folder you used! I love the detailed pattern, and how it almost looks like a lace. It really is quite large, but I'm glad you found use for it on your card. The touch of colour you've added gives me a sense of spring, and I could easily imagine an all-white version of your project as a wedding or Christmas card.

    Hugs, Veronika

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card, the embossing really is the star. Emmax

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful result on this no-layer design! This is my dreaded card to make but I need to start making more because the last time I dropped off cards to mail at the post office, it cost me about $38 to mail 7 items (28 pounds!) I love embossing folders and have had some spotty luck with them but I really need to get on board and try and master them! This would help me economize my postage expense!
    Hugs - Rachelle : )

    ReplyDelete