Tuesday 30 May 2023

Layering it up up and away

 Morning all.  We are looking for 'lots of layers -at least three' on your projects today over at Cardz4guyz.  My first instinct for this one was decoupage. I dug out some of my sheets and found a nice picture with birds on.  I layered it up and couldn't get it to look right on a card. I come to the conclusion that decoupage is not my style so I shall be getting rid of the rest of my sheets.  To be fair, I'm not much of a fan of my alternative idea but here it is.


I couldn't seem to get enough depth in my colouring on this image and the photo doesn't show it up well either.  I really need to sort out a proper spot for taking my photos on the boat.  

I matted the first layer then laid two circles over that.  The third layer is the white overlapping circle and the image finishes it off.

Please pop over and check out the DT projects and join in the fun as well.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x


2 comments:

  1. Up up and away!! Fantastic masculine card in all those shades of blue!! Great layering up...you showed those who decide to play along with us just how to use lots of layers!! It will be fun to see all the layering that get done for our new "lots of layers" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous masculine card,love the monochrome and all the layers
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete