Tuesday 25 July 2023

Water Water everywhere - well, I do live on a boat!

 Morning all.  It's my turn to choose the subject for this week's Cardz4guyz Challenge.  I think I must have been looking out of the window when inspiration struck.  I would like to see 'On the Water' themed projects please. Right at this moment, on the water outside, I can see lots of boats, duck weed and a coot.  What I am unlikely to see on the marina is anyone water-skiing.


A friend asked me for a water-skiing card so I bought This image from SVG Brooklyn on Etsy.  It has the water skier in a circle and was perfect for the card I made her - which I then forgot to photograph, doh!  Anyway, my first attempt at cutting the image had the circle going off my card as I'd not lined my mat up correctly in my cricut.  Waste not want not.  I cut the circle from around my silhouette and used a black die cut frame instead.  The papers in the background are some of my favourites from a pad I had from the Range.  I'm really pleased with how it turned out.  I would have thrown the messed up image away usually but my papers were out and it just came together.

Please pop over and join my challenge.  It will keep me inspired all week.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x


2 comments:

  1. Love the water themed card and perfect P.paper,weird how you came up with the theme lol
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The watery background is really a great look for this water-skiing fellow and makes a great summery birthday card for a guy!

    ReplyDelete