Sunday 2 July 2023

Going for Gold

 Morning all.  I'm afraid that I'm a day late but better late than never. Over at Sparkles Christmas Challenge we are looking for Gold on your projects please.  This gave me the ideal opportunity to try a technique I'd seen recently on You Tube.  I don't have a foiling machine and, since I've moved onto the boat, I've got no room for one either.  I was always going to be interested in a 'Faux Foiling' technique and I've link the tutorial I used here.


I tried a couple of my dies for this and this one was the most successful. Unfortunately the photo doesn't really do it justice. I finished it off with some gems and then, because it needed something, I added the peel offs in the two corners.

Why don't you give it a try, or at least join in the challenge.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Christmas card and love the faux foiling technique you used.
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Dawn and thanks for the link! Can't wait to try it, did you have any trouble getting that thick sandwich through the machine? Hugs, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, not starting thinking about Christmas as yet. Anesha x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning card, those baubles and sentiment look so classy. Love it. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete