Wednesday 10 July 2019

Be Insprired - pretty please.

Morning all.  We have a brand new challenge over at Back to Basics and Beyond.  Unfortunately, our last challenge - for an explosive card - didn't attract many entrants.  We are hoping our Photo Inspiration Challenge will be more appealing.  Here's the photo:


Once I'd seen it my eye was drawn to the blue pattern on the sofa.  This is the element I've chosen for my inspiration.  You could be inspired by something totally different within the photograph.  

I chose the same colours and used my mosaic square die  to cut enough squares to form the diamond on my card.  I cut a fifth square just plain to mount my words.  I assembled the lot on a square of cream crepe paper and - as the sofa cushions have blue piping around the edge - I matted it onto another blue square.  I hope you can see where I was coming from with this.


Please pop over and see what inspired the other members of the DT and we'd love to see you be inspired to join.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x


8 comments:

  1. love your take on the pic Dawn, the turquoise diamond and white sentiment are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea you have here!! Simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Dawn, the colours are beautiful and I love how you interpreted the picture, really creative. Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A super card Dawn, lovely blues.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great take on the photo Dawn and I love the dies you used, very beautiful!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dawn! I really like the way the photo inspired you to use the turquoise diamond as your design focus. : ) That diamond die is wonderful! : )
    Rachelle - x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, Dawn. The die cuts and embossing folder you used on your card are so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete