Friday 5 July 2019

I Hate that I Love this Card

Have you ever had one of those projects that you've hated all the way, but turns out better than you ever expected?  That's exactly what this card did to me.

When I saw this subject on The Alphabet Challenge I wasn't exactly filled with desire to complete the project.  H is for 'hats and handbags'.  I'm not really an accessories girl (the occasional scarf maybe).  And my stash doesn't really runneth over with such items either.  OK, off we go a searching for a suitable digi stamp.  I was actually quite amused when I spotted Scary Gloria over at Polkadoodles and immediately bought her.  Then I immediately regretted it!  Fur!  I'm useless at colouring fur.  Oh well, nothing ventured etc, etc.  So off I went.  Let's go with some girly colours, but let's not be obvious and go for pink.  Peach with a sort of pinky/red for the accessories.  YUK!  I hated it.  This wasn't going well.  However, if I learnt anything at all from Alyce at Kit and Clowder it is to carry on until you see the end result.  Funnily enough, I didn't mind the end result.  However, having chosen the colours without a thought about where I was going with this, I now had to find some backing papers to match.  My good old other half had bought me an expensive paper pad for Christmas (mad fool, I never by the expensive stuff).  It has some gorgeous papers in.  It also had some dire papers too - in just the right colour!  Get on with it women - it's not getting any better just staring at it all.  So off I went, slinging it all together with gay abandon. 

And here it is:


I'm not sure who will get it or on what occasion but, bizarrely, I'm quite please with it.

Anyway, I've rambled on far to long today.  Pop over to the blog and have a look at the DT inspiration.  I'd love to see what you create with the theme.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x

7 comments:

  1. It turned out beautifully Dawn, your fur colouring is perfect, love the papers and fun finished card,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Dawn, love the design and colours.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This came out really great and your coloring is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dawn! I'm not really an accessory girl either but this little gal has got her style down pat! : ) You did great job coloring everything and picking out papers to match. This card just "works" in so many ways and the person who receives it will luck out!
    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute Dawn, I love that girly monster and your gorgeous coloring, awesome layout too!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A super card Dawn, such a fun image and lovely colours.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnobx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Dawn, she is fabulous! your colours and colouring are brill! LOVE it!!! hugs XoX

    ReplyDelete