Monday 15 July 2019

Wedding Day Wishes

It's the 15th of the month so we are due a new theme over at Sparkles Monthly Challenge and, as we are fully into the season for it, we'd like to see your Wedding Day cards.

I will admit to being frustrated by this.  I'd seen some really pretty ribbon in Home Bargains and bought it with this theme in mind.  I was so determined to use it I managed to do three cards for the subject.  You are only getting to see one.  The other two went straight in the bin!  I didn't even bother to take them apart to use the bits.  They didn't turn out at all well.  The third one I'm OK with.  It's not how I envisaged it and I'm not convinced it won't make the bin yet either.  


In the end I took the ribbon apart.  It was a chain of the little wingy things.  I pulled them off the thread and used them as embellishments and I think I prefer them this way.  The background is splattered with silver and pink and has been on my desk forever.

I obviously needed more inspiration for this theme so let's see what you've got.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x

3 comments:

  1. Your card is fabulous Dawn, very elegant. It's a shame when things don't work out how we envisage - I think we are our own worst critics though, I often find that my cards that I don't like very much seem to get lots of positive comments from everyone else!
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a beautiful Wedding card Dawn, I love the embellishment and fabulous splatters in the background!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it Dawn, and I so know what you mean, some of mine move directly from the table to the bin LOL, hugs XoX

    ReplyDelete