Wednesday 24 July 2019

Going off the edge

Morning all.  Time for a new challenge over at Back to Basics and Beyond.  This week we are pushing you right off the edge. There is a fab tutorial from Jennifer McGuire on You Tube and you can access it here.  The idea is to use a larger stamp around the edge of your card - and if you use Jennifer's technique you can create two cards at the same time.

I don't really have a lot of large stamps but I think I need some as I loved doing this technique.  My plan was to use a cherry blossom stamp but it was an odd shape and didn't really work so I chose the lily from the same set (I think it's Papermania).  I just coloured it in and used a die cut sentiment.  I could have used one of the sentiments from the stamp set but they are small and I was afraid it would get lost.

What do you think?


One thing I will say for Back to Basics and Beyond.  It is still managing to teach an old dog new tricks.  I think I need to invest in some more stamps as I can't really do this with Digis.  Well, I suppose you could but it would take a coat of thinking over first.

Please pop over and join in the fun.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x

10 comments:

  1. beautiful lay out colours and sentiment Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, love the off the edge stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card Dawn, a lovely stamp and pretty colours.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Dawn, I love that flower stamp and the pretty colors you used!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so pretty Dawn. I especially like the light yellow you used for the pretty flowers :

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a clever idea Dawn, I need to check it out. A really pretty card made in lovely colours.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Dawn. Love the lovely colours you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really lovely card, love the soft colours! hugs Alli XoX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, love the colours. Emmax

    ReplyDelete