Tuesday 10 March 2020

My Husband's Obsession - Well, One of Them

Have you ever heard it said that boys don't grow up but their toys get more expensive. My husband is a bit like that.  He likes his things to play with - his projects.  One of his 'projects' is the garden pond and the fish to go in it. Which brings me on to this week's challenge at Cardz4guyz.  We would like to see something beginning with F on your project.  His 'fishpond' started out on paper, as most of his projects do.  It didn't look too bad on paper.  He measured it out in the garden.  It didn't look to big when he measured it.  Then he started digging.  Ok, I think that's when it got a little over ambitious.  Apparently, it has to be so deep so the fish can keep warm at the bottom in the winter.  Not quite sure why it had to be about three times the width of the original plan but, by that time, I figured it was best not to ask and let him get on with it.  It's his birthday today so I've made him a fishpond card and here it is.


I used a fabulous die from Hero Arts that I saw once and had to have.  I blended the background and added the panel to the front.  I then cut extra lily pads and waterlilies and inked them up. I added a little orange to my fish and made him shimmer with some spectrum noir sparkle pen.  To be truthful, it's not really much like our pond, either of them.  Oh, didn't I mention.  We got frogs in the pond and frogs and fish don't do well together - especially during the mating season.  So he built a smaller pond in the front garden for the frog.  The frog isn't a bit grateful.  It keeps getting out and walking back to the big pond!

Anyway, over to you.  Let's see your Letter F projects please.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x





6 comments:

  1. Fabulous card and fun story behind it love it Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect card for your husband. Hope he has lovely birthday. I am sure the pond will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous card Dawn, a super die - your pond is brilliant and I like the story behind your design - your husband sounds a bit like my husband, his projects seem to grow and grow.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sure cute! He'll love it! It's also my hubby's birthday today too!! Having 9 over for dinner tonight and I have been cooking nonstop! HA

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card Dawn, I love the lily pond dies you used, very beautiful! Your husband will love this.
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This die has been on my wish list ever since I saw it and I'm moving it up in the purchasing order! This is really beautiful and I love your soft coloration with the symmetrical enamel dots on either side - it reflects the Asian influence of the design! That frog really has a mind of his own, doesn't he?
    Hugs - Rachelle : )

    ReplyDelete