Tuesday 24 March 2020

Life's about the Journey - Chance would be a fine thing!

Morning all.  I hope you are all safe and well in these extraordinary times.  If you are stuck at home and looking for something to do - or even if you aren't - we have a new challenge for you over at Cardz4guz.  We would like to see you using a stencil on your projects please.

I have to admit to having no idea where this card was going when I set out.  And, funnily enough, it's entirely inappropriate considering the current situation.  I hope you will forgive me but this was just how my brain went at the time.

Having chosen my stencil I was inspired by a recent Jennifer McGuire video to use a coloured base.  I used Chipped Sapphire, Salty Ocean and Peacock Feathers to ink my stencil and I'm so pleased with the result.  After that I had to decide what to do with it.  Having not bought any craft magazines for ages, I have to admit to going a bit mad this last week.  My most recent purchase having a fabulous 'great outdoors' themed stamp set on the front.  I chose a sentiment and a signpost stamp and created this card.


I am so pleased with the result.  I didn't even feel the need to add bling.  I know!  It's so unlike me.  And, having just noticed that I'd cut my paper down on one side and not evened the pattern on the other, I am going to pretend that it was a design feature and I'd meant to do it that way.

Anyway, off you go and find your stencils people.  Unless you are a key worker (and God bless you and keep you safe if you are) then I'm sure you have nothing else to do. Lol.

Stay safe please and thanks for reading

Love Dawn x.

5 comments:

  1. a fabulous card Dawn and I think not inappropriate for our current situation, life is about the journey and how we cope with the challenges we face that allow us to arrive at our destination, love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and love the background you created.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A super card Dawn, a fabulous background. I don't think it is inappropriate, it doesn't have to be a physical journey.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great card. May we all get through this together!! It's tough on so many!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Dawn, I love the stenciled background and that fabulous sentiment!
    Stay sate, Tammy x

    ReplyDelete