Monday 14 September 2020

Meh...ry Christmas

 Christmas in September.  No, I'm not really feeling it.  I'm envious of all those well organised crafters that start their Christmas cards on Easter Monday.  I am always rushing about at the last minute.  One year I was still waiting for glue to dry on Christmas eve so I could deliver my cards before the Crib Service.  This is where challenges like today's Make My Monday Theme come in handy.  'Christmas in September' is what we want.  And, whether I'm feeling it or not, I had to come up with something.

A couple of years ago a scouting friend was moving house and decided that all the crafting stuff she'd collected to create with was coming my way.  Thanks Angie, love you lots.  Amongst all the stuff was a stack of Christmas stamps in CD cases.  I think they were call Cee Dees or See Dees stamps. Surely I could find some inspiration amongst all those (there are about ten cases).  I plumped for a lovely image of Mary and Joseph with baby Jesus.  Then I got distracted colouring some poinsettias.  Oh well, the best laid plans and all that.


I just coloured them in red and used traditional green for the background.  I dobbed some gems over my centres and mounted it on a red card base. I added a sentiment strip and cut out a couple of spares to hide the rough end.

OK, let's see what you come up with.  I obviously need some help and motivation.  I'm off to see Mary and Joseph now - well, I'd stamped them out so I suppose I should do something with them.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x

 

7 comments:

  1. Lovely rich colours Dawn. A gorgeous Christmas card, hope to see Mary and Joseph soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful traditional Christmas colours Dawn,the poinsettia are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful Christmas card Dawn, lovely rich colours.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dawn, what a sweet card! Coloring is supposed to be relaxing but I don't find it to be, since I have trouble knowing when to stop. LOL The idea of Christmas cards before November just doesn't seem right to me but maybe it's better to work on something happy. I'm going to design a card that can be done in multiples this year. Time to reach out far and wide to bring a little cheer in what will definitely be a different holiday season. Sending you hugs and wishes for a great week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Dawn, I love the rich colors and beautiful poinsettias!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, such rich colouring. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Dawn! Be still my heart! That amazing bejeweled emerald background is just amazing against your ruby red poinsettias. Pure gorgeousness! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete