Thursday 8 October 2020

Let's Go Retro

 Morning all.  It's my turn to choose the subject for the new challenge over at Cardz4galz.  I would love to see your 'Retro' projects please.  I chose the theme quite a while ago and, to be honest, I can't remember what I had in mind at the time. Oh well, I'm sure I can think of something.  

In the end I went with a Kenny K image.  Kenny used to do some really good retro images but, unfortunately, he is no longer selling his digital stamps. I created the sentiment within the image before printing.  I know how she feels.  The thought of running out of gin would worry me.  In my defence, I was worrying about running out of gin before it became fashionable.


I found some retro style paper and added a few die cut circles to compliment the pattern. Other than a bit of bling that just about did it. I'm really pleased with it. What do you think?

OK, I'll be back to check your entries soon.  Straight after I finish stock taking my gin supplies.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x


8 comments:

  1. A super card Dawn, a fabulous image and great papers.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Dawn,love your colouring and papers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what an awesome card Dawn! I love that image and fun sentiment, perfect paper for a retro theme!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGoodness - I actually snorted when I laughed at this post! I love everything about this card...the image, the color palette, the pattern paper, the sentiment...you get the idea! I could go on and on but I really want to thank you for the liquor inventory count reminder! : ) I want a gin and tonic!
    Hugs - Rachelle : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great theme and a brilliant inspiration piece. Thinking hat on. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is sensational, Dawn. You've captured the spirit of decades past to a tee. Really, really great job!

    Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete