Monday 12 October 2020

Oranges and ...well oranges!

 Afternoon all.  I know, I'm late.  So sorry and all that.  It's alright having your DT projects all sorted out but then you get to work and think 'I'm sure I was supposed to do something this morning'. Anyway, better late than never.  I have to say I was so impressed by all the entries for my 'scraps' challenge over at Make My Monday but I must move over and give Debbie a chance.  She has chosen 'Orange as a Dominent Colour'. This gave me a great opportunity to use a stamp I'd bought but not yet used.  

When you are on a Design Team then you get to visit so many wonderful blogs that you probably wouldn't know existed otherwise. And because you get to see these blogs you also get to see stash that you also wouldn't know existed otherwise. It's a double edged sword! I had never heard of Aall and Create until I saw this stamp on a blog post.  Well, I just had to have it. It was so cute.  Once I'd got it I couldn't figure out what to do with it.  Until now...


To be honest, I'd done the background before I chose to add my little owl. I stencilled the background in one colour and then slightly offset it before stencilling again in another colour. I think it was fossilised amber and spiced marmalade but don't quote me.  I then inked a circle from my box full of scrap circles (I'm still on a scrap mission). I stamped some leaves from a freebie stamp in the same orange and then looked for something to finish the card off. I stamped him twice and decoupaged him after colouring.  I probably went a little too dark with the brown but I still think he's sweet. 

OK,  I need to go and do something with the other Aall and Create stamp that fell into my cart at the same time.  Let's see your orange creations guys.  Do Debbie proud like you did for me.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x


10 comments:

  1. Great card, glad you found these stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Dawn! I totally agree with you about the advantages of being on a design team (as well as the disadvantage on my budget). I have made quite a few friends and learned from every single one. That said, I just love this sweet little owl and your background is wonderful, too. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You created a fabulous background for that wonderful owl,love his big bright eyes

    ReplyDelete
  4. A super card Dawn, such a cute owl.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That crazed owl is adorable!! Oh the joys and curses of being on a design team!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute make hun, love the owl he looks kinda crazy but cute...if you get me lol
    Stay Safe
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww that owl is so cute Dawn and I love his huge eyes, beautiful orange colors too!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love this owl!!! Whooo Whooo!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, love the funky owl and works so well with kraft card. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love this! Great, clean design.

    Cheryl (SheStamps)
    Visit my blog - She Stamps

    ReplyDelete