Monday 25 September 2023

Backing your backgrounds

 Morning all. Over at Make My Monday it's all about the backgrounds.  We'd like you to create your own background please. The DT have turned out some gorgeous inspiration for you so do drop in and check them out.  


I started by blending some distressed oxide colours to create a vibrant backing. I then wet a stencil and added it the inked background.  I wasn't too impressed with that so I used a cover plate die and, instead of cutting with it, I used it to emboss a pattern.  I added it to a coloured card blank and added the white leaves to create a stark focal point.

I hope it will inspire you to try the challenge.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x


1 comment:

  1. Wow, Dawn, this is so pretty! I love the bright colors and blending, and I'm so impressed with the extra texture you added! Great idea to use a die for embossing!

    ReplyDelete