Thursday 13 February 2020

Black and Bling

Morning all.  New Challenge day at Cardz4galz and I don't know many Galz who don't love a little bit of bling.  Lynda, however, would like you to team your bling with black - very classy.

I love a bit of jewellery but tend to stick to what I like and what I like is silver.  So, I've used gold! I'm a contrary Mary at times.  I've had this card in my head - in a fashion - ever since I bought the Moroccan tile dies from Xcut.  I just think they'd make an awesome screen background for an oriental type stamp.  I have several but my absolute favourite set came from Lakeland way back when they used to do some bits of craft.  It's still in really good condition and I love to go back to it when I'm in an oriental frame of mind.


Having backed my tiles onto gold glitter card, I heat embossed the stamp in gold embossing powder.  I then fussy cut it and mounted it on foam pads.  I did add the obligatory gem stones and that was that.  I am so pleased with how this turned out.  I really don't think it would have worked as well in silver.

Please pop over and join the rest of the Galz.  I'd love to see your take on the theme.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x

6 comments:

  1. the black /gold looks so elegant Dawn, a fabulous die cardstock and stamp

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super card Dawn, such an elegant design.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Dawn - that gold works really well xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an elegant card Dawn, I love the gold embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Asian vibe you've got going on with this design! It looks like a beautiful vignette in front of a Japanese screen! Really nice! : )
    Hugs - Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really elegant card Dawn, love the black and gold together.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete