Tuesday 25 February 2020

Red, White and Blurgh!

Morning all.  Time for you to get your 'inks and paints' out for this week's Cardz4guyz challenge.  Anesha, this has got your name written all over it so I'm looking out for your card. No pressure, lol.

Sian has chosen the topic of 'inks or paints' - I've gone off you Sian!  This is way out of my comfort zone and I've spent the entire morning trying to do something blokey with paints. I now have a bin full of rubbish backgrounds (no, they really are terrible). And a phone cover, skirt and desk covered in paint splatters.

Anyway, having started with blues and purples and a bit of black - possibly a night sky - I eventually switched to blue and red.  I created a background and left a bit of white in there and picked an old (might be one of the do craft brands) collage stamp with London images.  I embossed it onto my background with a really dark blue embossing powder which worked really well.  So obviously that went in the bin as well.  OK, I liked the image and I liked the embossing so I did that again.  Then I painted it after I'd embossed it.  This one I could work with.  I tried creating a striped background for it to go on but messed that up so I gave up and this is what you've got.


I'm still not convinced it's very me but I'm not totally ashamed of it.  Let's have a look at how you use your inks and paints.  I'm seriously in need of inspiration.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x

5 comments:

  1. It's a super card Dawn, it might be out of your comfort zone but you've done a great job.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a brilliant card Dawn love the colours and your collage stamp

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Dawn, I love the colors and that fabulous collage stamp!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! I love the offset of the gems and the sentiment! Very nice design!
    Hugs - Rachelle : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card Dawn, your post did make me smile...I don’t do ‘messy’ either!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete