Tuesday 11 February 2020

My Brad

Cardz4guyz has a brand new challenge for you this morning.  Time to search out all those Brads and Eyelets you've had in your stash for years but just never think of using.  I know you've all got some.  Go on, go and find them.

I have to admit, I had a totally different idea for this card.  I had decided to make the brads (I'm useless at setting eyelets so that was never going to happen) the star of my card.  I'd sorted out 9 square brads to put in individual squares.  Trouble was I had three sets of three and they didn't quite look right together.  I went searching for some backing paper to put them on and came up with a ready cut square of cream and gold - which went with one of my sets of brads.  Quick change of plan and Voila!


I liked the square in the circle as I think it mirrored the dots in my square.  I just added my brads down the centre to finish it off.  Then I swore a lot, realising the top brad had the stripes going the wrong way.  Had to cut it off as I'd already put everything together and glued it back with the stripes going the right way.  There's always something isn't there.

OK, now you've found your stash of brads and eyelets, pop over and see what the DT have done with theirs and then join in the fun.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x

3 comments:

  1. A super card Dawn, all of the elements work so well together.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. brilliant Dawn, love the cream /gold combo and your use of the brads

    ReplyDelete