Monday 17 February 2020

Critters

Morning all.  Are you ready for the new Make My Monday Challenge?  Critters are the order of the day.  They can be birds, animals or insects.  I have to say that when I hear the word critter I think of something that scurries.  Don't know why.  I'd got some sweet butterflies coloured up to go on a card but they didn't fit, in my mind, to the word critter.  Off I went in search of mice.  Mice would definitely fit the bill.  I ended up digging out an ancient stamp from Penny Black.  

I'm trying to take inspiration from Anesha at Crafting Queen and use some of the endless unfinished bits I've got lying around.  I'm not sure I will find some of the stunning stuff she seems to find but I have got a basket of pre-done layouts I've made with scraps of papers.  I found a colourful one and coloured my image with pinks and yellows and blue (the blue was a bit of a fail as it wasn't as green when I coloured it as when I'd swatched it beforehand). Anyway, here it is.


I'm not very good at fur but I'm quite pleased with this.  I did cover some of the image, along with the sentiment, in sparkle pen.  I also added bling because that's what I do.  I can't seem to leave the gemstones alone, can I. Anyway, now it's your turn.  Let's see your critters please.  You can even use butterflies if you wish.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x 

10 comments:

  1. Love your PB stamp, beautifully coloured. Such a lovely card.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautifully coloured image Dawn, love it and your papers Meg x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A super card Dawn, such a sweet image - so pretty.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. a very sweet card, teamie!

    hugs and kisses from germany
    silvi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww what a cute image Dawn and it's colored beautifully, love the pretty paper!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Dawn, this is certainly a wonderful critter card! Your debate about what a critter is reminded me when someone submitted a dinosaur for the theme. LOL Now that's one BIG critter!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dawn,

    Great inspiration for MMM. I don't usually like mice, but yours are so cute, you might just have made a convert!

    Your Design Team Pal,
    Janeen
    https://www.demidoodle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. They certainly are having a grand time celebrating aren't they? Love the color combo on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like this layout and may "borrow" it for an upcoming project! Everything about it seems to work perfectly together and there you go again - putting bits and pieces together effortlessly to create a great card! : )
    Hugs - Rachelle

    ReplyDelete