Friday 14 February 2020

Whatever you Wish

How long have you got.  I've got a wish list that's way longer than the traditional three - starting with more time.  Today's Alphabet Challenge allows you to make 'whatever you wish'.  It's probably a good job as February is heavy for birthdays and I am working such long hours at the moment that I could combine this challenge with a card I really needed to make.  I think I've mentioned before that Will's step mum volunteers for Cat's Protection and loves her moggy's to bits.  When I saw the Laurel Burch cat stamps I had Viv in mind as I bought them.  I adored colouring him and making the messy, throw everything at it background.  It's so not my style but I had such fun. I've only just managed to get the ink off my fingers.


I used distress inks of various shades on the background and sprayed it with water.  I then flicked some sparkle from a spectrum noir sparkle pen before adding my stencilled texture paste.  I added embossing powder to the texture paste and heated it to give a sort of bubbled texture (it's not really clear in the picture).  I then added my cat - isn't he handsome - and a bit of bling.  I then ran out to the car to meet her at the pub for a birthday lunch.  Did I mention I was short of time at the moment.

Anyway, I'm sure you have lots of wishes to fulfil our criteria.  I'd love to see what you create.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x

11 comments:

  1. fabulous card Dawn, the background is gorgeous, love the triangles you stencilled on it and the cat ia a beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic! I love the colours and the cat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great cat! I need to dig mine out :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Dawn, I love this! Adorable cat image and your background is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it - the colours are great. We all have and need the ;throw everything at it' days xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have created a great mood with this blue color palette and what a gorgeous ink blending job! I think you have mastered it - BIG TIME! ; )
    Hugs - Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Dawn! I love the way you have used the stampendous kitty with these amazing colors! It's a lovely monochromatic card! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  8. A super card Dawn, you have created a fabulous background and I love the fun cat stamp.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card! Wow, just in the knick of time!! You work so well under pressure AND you remembered to photograph it as well! Hope you are enjoying a relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Dawn I love the background you’ve created.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card, Dawn. What a great cat, fabulous work, I love the colours.

    Anke

    ReplyDelete