Saturday 2 May 2020

Just for fun

Now here's an oddity.  Me joining in a challenge for fun rather than it being a design team project.  I follow loads of challenge blogs and I sometimes even make a card to fit.  I don't always get chance to do the blog post bit though.  To be fair Sparkles Christmas Challenge is a monthly challenge so you do get plenty of time.  I just forget.  Anyway, it popped up on my Bloglovin feed this morning so I decided to dive straight in.  They want to see ribbon, lace or twine.  I have to admit to having a bit of a ribbon problem.  The problem being that I've so much it gets knotted up in the box I keep it in.  Anyway, rather than fight the big knot monster, I found some ancient sticky ribbon on a sheet.  


I embossed a piece of white card with some snowflakes and used the ribbon and some gold border peel offs to created stripes in the other corner.  I matted that onto some green card and stuck a green panel in the middle.  I'd already coloured this sweet image from The Paper Shelter and it had been sitting in a box waiting to be used.  Anyway, now I've finished it I'm off to tidy my ribbon box - she lied!

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x

10 comments:

  1. a fun Christmas card Dawn, love your Santa and reindeer, take care hugs meg xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww what a cute card Dawn, I love that image and the gorgeous layout, the ribbon is beautiful! So happy you joined us over at Sparkles Christmas.
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, Dawn - love your Santa and Rudolph images! Your sticky ribbon sure makes for a fun background! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA! I think I have the very same knot monster in my ribbon stash! This is so cute and I really like the embossed background in contrast to the images! Great job on the ribbon diagonal layout as well! Very nice!
    Hugs - Rachelle : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, that reindeer is adorable. Glad to see you found a challenge to do for fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A super Christmas card Dawn, such a jolly Santa.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha you seem to have the same ribbon problem I have. Good choice on skipping the bark and finding an alternative because this card is absolutely adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic fun card, gorgeous image. Love the whole design. Emmax

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute Christmas card. I have been thinking this would be the perfect time to start Christmas cards but just can't get in the mood.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is super cute!! Fun card!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Sparkles Christmas Challenge!
    Debbie
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete