Tuesday 23 March 2021

Water, Water Everywhere

 Morning all.  We have a lovely new challenge for you over at Cardz4guyz this morning.  We want you to create something with the theme 'By the Water'.  This was perfect for me as I needed a card for Patrick to send to his dad for his birthday. Will, my other half, is pretty obsessed with water.  The closest we get are the two ponds but he's pretty taken with narrowboats these days.  We both follow a couple of Vlogs by narrowboaters and we love to walk canal towpaths - especially me as they tend to be flatter with not many hills. I found a stunning piece of art work on Etsy by Kelly O'Gorman that was totally perfect.


I didn't want the boat to disappear into that stunning scenery so I used the spotlight technique to colour just a portion of the illustration. I kept the rest very simple by matting it onto green and red mirri card and using a plain white card blank.  I am really pleased with how this turned out and, luckily, so was Will.

Time for you all to join in the fun.  Please pop over to the blog and see what the other DT members have come up with.  They really do have some lovely examples.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x


8 comments:

  1. Spotlight technique was perfect for this image!! What a great take on our current challenge...it is an eye catcher!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous card Dawn, a super design - a great take on the spotlight technique.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this. I never think to do the spotlight technique but you nailed it here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a peaceful, deeply lovely image + greeting.

    Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful peaceful scene Dawn,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card, love it. Anesha x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card and image Dawn, the spotlight technique is beautiful!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful image and I really like how you did the spot light coloring! It really does enhance this drawing and glad he liked it!
    Hugs - Rachelle : )

    ReplyDelete