Friday 26 March 2021

Were all going to the Zoo tomorrow, Zoo Tomorrow, Zoo Tomorrow...

 I used to sing that as a kid.  I wish I was going to the Zoo tomorrow.  I'm going to work instead.  However, over at the Alphabet Challenge we do have 'Zoology' as a theme for you.  Put your thinking caps on for this one.  


I will admit to struggling with this a little bit.  I had plenty of things I could use but nothing was inspiring me.  
The amazing Cazro at Cazro's Crafty Corner was kind enough to send me a copy of Creative Stamping magazine with a fabulous animal stamp set on the front.  She had two copies of the magazine and, as I had commented on a card she'd made with one of the stamps, she asked if I would like the spare.  Cazro runs all the challenge blogs that I design for and I'm lucky enough to have 'known' her for years.  We started out exchanging ATCs when I first got into papercrafts and we've come a long way since then.  I love the idea that crafts and the internet can lead to some lovely friendships.
Anyway, back to the card.  I had some cheapy animal skin stencils from The Range and chose the giraffe from the stamp set as it matched one of the stencils. I didn't think it needed much more than the sentiment to finish it off.  Considering I didn't have an idea where this was going when I started it, I'm really pleased with the result.

OK, let's see your Zoology projects please.

Thanks for reading.  

Love Dawn  


11 comments:

  1. A super card Dawn, a great Giraffe stamp and lovely stencilled background - I'm in the process of creating a card with a Giraffe on it at the moment!
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous combination of stencilled background and stamped image,the giraffe is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card Dawn and great to have lovely crafty friends. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool background for your giraffe! Hopefully I'll get to play along with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it funny how you start out kind of uninspired and it turns out to be a fabulous project in the end? That giraffe skin pattern is one of the best I've seen and it really works perfectly with the image to the side! Great job on this one! Take care and have a great weekend!
    Hugs - Rachelle : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Dawn, I love the lightly stenciled background and that fabulous giraffe!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Giraffes are my fave animal at the zoo. I love your stenciled background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Dawn, this giraffe card is so wonderful! Love the stencil background. I love giraffes and have a great memory of one licking my daughter's face! LOL I often say that I like animals more than people and would love nothing more to visit a zoo, too - at least a good one. I don't go to them anymore but perhaps my baby grandson will inspire me to in a few years. I agree with you that crafting has helped me make many wonderful "friends" and definitely include you as one! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a charmingly fun card. Giraffes are such fascinating, unique animals.

    Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun Giraffe card design and stencil background.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is great hun, love the stencilling & the sentiment make me smile!

    Stay Safe
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete