Monday 13 April 2020

A Host of Golden Daffodils

Morning all and happy Easter Monday.  It's very strange not being able to go to the usual Easter services in Church but I totally get the idea of keeping our congregation safe.  We've been very lucky to have a service to read through and most of us are doing it at the same time for a sense of fellowship.  Anyway, all this extra time at home has at least allowed me to get ahead with my design team work. For today's Make My Monday challenge we would like to see 'Spring Flowers' please.  

I love spring flowers and, when my son was born, his great grandmother sent me a huge box of early daffodils from the Isles of Scily.  They hadn't quite come out on the main land so it was a little bit special to get some sent to me like that.  I always think of daffodils when I think of spring.  

My card uses an ancient piece of backing paper that came free with a magazine years ago (I've been having a sort out).  The daffodil stamp is a more recent magazine freebie.  I think they look fabulous together, what do you think?


I had enough backing paper to do two cards  so I have another similar one in my box for Church.  We always have a host of golden daffodils in the Churchyard at this time of year.

OK, over to you.  Please pop over and join in with your spring flower project.

Thanks for reading and please stay safe.

Love Dawn x

12 comments:

  1. the backing paper and daffodil stamp work beautifully together a gorgeous card Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pretty card Dawn, lovely Daffodils.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, my friend! Your card is so pretty! I love your lovely daffodils. They are my first sign that spring is on its way, but sure wish they would last longer! I had to google "backing paper" - I have never heard that term before. This year's holidays are certainly unique. I hope that this will make us re-evaluate what is truly blessed about them and help us all change the world for the better. Have a wonderful week and please stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yellow is such a cheerful color. Perfect for this time of year and our current situation. It has been an honor being on the design team with you.

    Janeen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Thankfully we are able to have our church service via zoom. Keep well and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The paper and daffodil stamp look gorgeous together Dawn, what a beautiful card!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Tammy, the daffodil paper is a beautiful background. The 3 flowers on the angled strip is really pretty! Love the three little metal flowers finishing off this great card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. I love daffodils too but then they do love the Cornish Climate and grow wild in the hedgerows. Always so cheerful. Stay safe. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, love the way you angled the flowers on the Designer paper and the metal flowers are the perfect finishing touch. Look forward to being on the team with you
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely card! Glad to be on the Design Team with you!

    Hugs,
    Mary Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the title on this post and the card is so bright a cheery! I can't wait until we are all able to walk through the parks and gardens again to see the spring flowers - but in the meantime, this card will do instead! Stay safe!
    Hugs - Rachelle : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. A gorgeous Spring card, who doesn’t love daffodils!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete