Friday 24 April 2020

Oh Boy!

Morning all.  We have a new letter for you over at The Alphabet Challenge today.  B is for Boy.  We'd like to see you Boy projects please.  I struggled a bit for this one as nothing came straight to mind.  I went through all the digistamps I'd got printed out (I'm determined to get rid of some of my stash during this lock down) and still didn't feel it.  I started to colour a cute car image and totally messed that up so it went in the bin and I changed tack.  I have a love/hate relationship with my Cricut Explore.  It sits on my desk and stares at me and I get the courage up to use it and something usually goes wrong.  I am a nightmare at sizing the designs.  I can't get the hang of choosing the right material or my blade will need changing or the card slips on the mat.  The list of possible disasters goes on.  I'm not sure why I decided that today would be a good day to cut a project.  Anyway, I found a background that I'd used before and I knew it would be perfect for a Tiddlyinks image that I'd got on my desk - it doesn't appear to be available any longer but she has some fun stuff in her etsy shop.


As usual I messed up the sizing so I stuck it to a card front and added a sliver of red and some more blue at the bottom to cover everything up.  I'd like to say I designed it that way 'cause I really like how it turned out.  I'd be lying though.  It's a complete fluke that it works.

OK, I obviously need more inspiration for the Boys in my life.  Let's see what you've got.

Thanks for reading and please stay safe.

Love Dawn x

12 comments:

  1. A super card Dawn, a fabulous design.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card, super background. Keep safe and well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great card Dawn that image is adorable

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dawn, I am so glad that I am not the only one who has so many mishaps with my electronic cutter. Biggest dust collector in my craft room. However, you managed to work it all out into a great little boys card!
    Melanie
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card, Dawn! Love that sweet little dog!! No struggles here that I can see! Have a great weekend and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that dog is so cute Dawn and I love the fantastic background!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes a happy accident ends up being fabulous and that's exactly what happened here! I'm with you on the Cricut Explore...it's a love/hate relationship for me as well! This background, however, ended up being perfect and the comic book colors are perfect! Love it! : )
    Hugs - Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Off-the-charts adorable! This is such a happy, smile-inducingly fun make.

    Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute is this!!! I love this little guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw this is adorable! I know what you mean about using the cricut. I got so frustrated at not being able to learn how to use it properly that mine sits on a shelf! Great card xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this is a great card Dawn, perfect for a boy and lovely colours!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super duper boys card, fabulous image. Emma

    ReplyDelete